Winter Is Coming

posted on: Monday, November 30, 2015

With Thanksgiving over, winter feels exponentially closer. I am in full on cozy mode: homemade hot mulled wine (gluwein), baking, knitting, listening to christmas music, always with a beautiful and wintery candle nearby.
Winter also means I get to do what I do best fashion-wise: layer! I LOVE wearing big cozy sweaters with leggings, boots, and my big cozy coat.

My wardrobe is absolutely more fall/winter focused. Especially after my fall fashion wardrobe upgrade :)


Now that my closet is all set (well, I'm ALWAYS in the market for new sweaters. And new bathing suits, especially since our Christmas trip to Hawaii is 2 weeks away!!), it's time to focus on Christmas presents.
Wrapping ideas from lilyallsorts.com
Choosing presents for friends and family has always been very important to me. I want my gift to show how much I care for them, so a lot of thought is put into it. When deciding on what to gift, I start by thinking about what I could make for them. If I make something, it needs to be something they will use. The last thing I want to do is gift something (to anyone) that will just sit unused.

Gifts I have made in the past:

Handmade cards and envelopes.
Found on Etsy by GreySnailPress
Knitted coffee cozies/socks/hats, cowls, and scarves.
Pattern found on ravelry.com: twisted cable coffee cozy by Jennifer Burt
Pattern found on ravelry.com: bandana cowl by Purl Soho
Imprinting a photo onto a page from a book or a beautiful piece of wood.
   
http:www.kaydeewindsor.blogspot.com

Handmade christmas ornaments.

Found on scrappergirl.typepad.com

Handmade jewelry.
Found on sarahortega.com
DIY mugs.
Found on thesarahjohnson.com/2014/11/14/diy-mug-makeover/
Find these and many more ideas in my Pinterest page:
https://www.pinterest.com/aarndt2010/arts-and-crafts-art-is-not-a-thing-it-is-a-way/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

A.A. Wellness All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger