I think the best way to avoid this pitfall is to find activities that we enjoy, so that we don't feel like we have to force ourselves to exercise. For this reason, I prefer the expression #activeliving over fitness or exercise.
For myself, I have found that I feel so much better when my activity revolves around the outdoors. When I notice that I'm more stressed than usual, the mindfulness activities such as meditation, knitting and coloring certainly help, but nothing alleviates the stress like being by the water or in the mountains.
My personal favorite activities include rock climbing, kayaking, walking, and hiking. In the winter, I snowshoe and ski. Preferably, the snowshoeing leads to an outdoor hot spring. As you know, yoga is also a big part of my life, and I find that it soothes my mind and body.
So my theory is, the key to success is exploring. Trying lots of different activities so that we can find things that we enjoy. For example, a girlfriend of mine loves tennis. I am absolutely terrible. However, after finally accepting her invitation to play with her at the park tennis courts, I found that I love it anyway. I'm quite sure what we do is not considered tennis, but we run around a lot, laugh even more, and I'm sore the next day.
Here are some fun, active, things you can do right here in Seattle:
Rent a Kayak for $15 at the University of Washington. You'll get to spend 2 hours paddling and enjoying the beautiful views. It is so peaceful and serene. For hot days, there's also a little cove you can paddle to (you'll see lots of kayakers there on a nice day) with a great spot to jump into the water.
Go for a walk or a bike ride along Golden Gardens and the Marina. I go here quite often. During the day, you can see people sailing, kite sailing, paddle boarding, and windsurfing. At night, people enjoy using the fire pits. On a nice day, we love bringing our hammock and relaxing in the sun, reading. We also play frisbee here.
Go for a short hike at Discovery Park to the Lighthouse! I love this so much because it's extremely close to me, the hike is short so it's easy to do on a busier day, and the lighthouse is somehow so mysterious and enchanting. Any walk or hike along the water also brings an opportunity to hear the seals in the Sound, which always makes me happy.
Rent a Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) from Surf Ballard and launch near Golden Gardens. SUP boarding does require some balance and it's excellent for core and shoulder strength. On a nice day, you can see the jellyfish in the water sometimes. And there's a beautiful little area where bird homes have been placed on a forest of old pillars, so you can just take a break there and listen to the birds.
Easy Day Trips:
Mt. Rainier! If you haven't hiked Paradise yet, do it. It's VERY crowded on weekend afternoons, but if you can get there on a week day or early on the weekend, it's beautiful. Even dealing with the crowds is worth it if that's your only option.
Snoqualmie Falls. The trail was renovated a few years ago, making it a very friendly hike. It is a little bit of a hill, but that shouldn't be discouraging. Once you get down to the falls, it's a beautiful sight (and sound, I love the sound of the water).
Lake Cushman. This is so fun on a sunny day. It's a little longer drive, but if you have a kayak or you like jumping into the water, then this is a fantastic spot.
Stay tuned for a post about some of my favorite camping and backpacking trips!



















ReplyDeleteINTERNET SCAM ALERT‼️
The internet today is full of SCAM ADS, mostly in comments of various sites and blogs. A large number of individuals have been victims of scam and lost a lot of money to SCAMMERS. Most of the common scam you can see
❌BANK LOAN SCAM. ❌BINARY OPTIONS SCAM.
❌LOTTERY SCAM. ❌HACKING SCAM. and lost more......
✳️The big Question is “Can someone Recover their money lost to Internet Scam⁉️
I will say yes, and will tell you how.
The only way to Recovery your is to hire a Hacker who will help you take back your money from this Scammers and today is your lucky day, you just met the guys perfect for the job.
WHO ARE WE❔
We are PYTHONAX, A group of skilled Hackers and have dedicated our time to help individuals get back thier money from INTERNET SCAMMERS. There is a research was carried one to calculate the amount of money lost through Scam, and it was confirmed that more than USD $3billion annually.
HOW DO WE OPERATE❔
We first of all study the scammer brought to us by hacking the person device(phone or computer) to get information of How, Where, this person keeps money he/she as defrauded people of ( so many of this scammers don’t actually save the money in banks, they mostly stack the money in a Bitcoin wallet, that way it is safe and untraceable to authorities) and we work on a strategy to get back the money and give it back to whom they have defrauded.
Contacting us is simple, just give us a message through the email below.
Email-: PYTHONAX@OUTLOOK.COM
If you a victim of internet scam or you know someone who is, make contact to us immediately. You are 💯 % safe to contact us, our email is very secure.
We also provide Legit Hacking Services such as-:
🔸Phone Hacking/Cloning
🔸Email Hacking & Password Recovery
🔸Social Media Hacking & Passowrd Recovery
🔸Deleted Files Recovery 🔸Mobil Tracking
🔸Virus detection & Elimination. e.t.c
Email-: PYTHONAXHACKS@GMAIL.COM
Pythonax.
2020 © All Right Reserved.