Knitting Haven

posted on: Saturday, October 10, 2015

Knitting is one of my favorite things to do, for several reasons. First, knitting is proven to be an excellent source of stress relief. Second, it is the most valid excuse for cozying up in a blanket and laying down for hours on end- because it's also productive!!! Third, it is extremely gratifying to watch a ball of yarn evolve into knitwear. My fourth and final reason is the pride you feel when someone says "What a beautiful ____, where did you get it?" - to which I can reply, with great satisfaction, "I made it!!!!".

Any knitter will also tell you how fun (and terrifying) it can be to follow a pattern. While knitting, you really have no idea how everything is going to come together and magically look like the thing you are attempting to knit. You just trust the pattern.




It's been exciting to see how popular knitting is quickly becoming. I think a lot of it can be attributed to Outlander, and Hunger Games. Seriously, everyone has been going CRAZY over the knitwear featured in each. And for good reason. Especially in Outlander (big fan, I'm also reading the series)- there are some absolutely beautiful pieces in this show.




The first thing I started working on as a knitter, was a beanie. I have made so many different kinds of beanies, because there are countless numbers of patterns available. I find almost all of my patterns on www.ravelry.com.




One of my favorite things to make is the Katniss Cowl. The pattern I use is also from www.ravelry.com, by Dahlia in Bloom (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-seam---district-12-cowl) . I have only made two so far, and I haven't yet made all the extra braided components, because I'm still playing with the type of yarns I use. 



Knitting is also a really easy and heartfelt way to give gifts! I've made coffee cozies, hot pads, beanies, cowls, and socks for friends and loved ones. Although it can be a little time consuming, and at times frustrating, it feels amazing to look down at a finished product and know that it will be used over and over again for years to come.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

A.A. Wellness All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger