Ready for fall

posted on: Thursday, October 8, 2015

As careful as I’ve been with my finances lately, I decided to budget some fall/winter shopping money. I don’t think I’m ever going to grow (length-wise or width-wise!), so I figure it’s a long-term investment.


http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

As I talked about before, part of me associates a professional and “classy” wardrobe with success. Now, that doesn’t mean I’ll ever be able to go out and drop thousands of dollars on clothes (as much as I’d like to be able to do that once), but whether we want to admit it or not, we all judge people by the way they look and the way they dress.

After completing my wardrobe, I went through and got rid of anything I haven’t been wearing and don’t plan on wearing again. This is Seattle, we have to be careful about use of space, especially precious storage space. I sold what I could to Buffalo Exchange, and had the rest donated.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

I’ve been wondering how we all develop our fashion-sense. My friends and family will be the first to tell you that I was a very late bloomer when it comes to having any sense of fashion- I was the kid wearing sweater vests.  As a young woman in my undergraduate days, I played around with different styles, but I never thought I could pull off wearing “sexy” clothes because I looked and felt so young. Only now, at (almost) 28 years of age do I find myself experimenting with “sexy” clothes- open back sweaters and shirts, fitted dresses, and playing with attractive bathing suits. Now that I think about it, I think I felt like it was tacky or immature to wear things like that before now. Feels pretty fantastic now.







So, here’s to self-discovery and fashion evolution.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

A.A. Wellness All rights reserved Design by Blog Milk : Blogger